What is the difference between Off Site and On Site Shredding
This is a question that gets asked all the time, the answer is simple!
The difference between having your documents shredded off-site and having them shredded by at truck at your place or residence is simply cost! Off-site shredding allows for high capacity industrial shredder to do hundreds of pounds a minute while a truck has a limited capacity and the service is very labor intence. You are looking at 35 to 60% more cost! Take a look at both shredding services:
- Shredding service is done by a truck at your facility and by a driver who will bring the material to the truck one bucket at a time, he will then provide a receipt when document are shredded.
- Often the truck oppointment is done by day and not time specific.
- Truck has a small capacity
- Billing is sone by time allowance, often 15 Mins the customers are billed by the minute.
- Transportation and fuel surcharges are added, often not included in quote.This is usually 17 to 38% of total invoice.
- Service is 100% secure.
- Trucks are very pricy $350K average.
- Trucks have high maintenance and noisy to operate.
- Truck will not be able to shred all your boxes, driver will empty them and leave them for you customer to recycle.
Off-Site Shredding Service:
- This is very affordable, 35 to 60% Less than on-site shredding
- High capacity industrial shredder at the secure plant, they shred a truck load in 30 Minutes.
- All plant employees are screened and background checked annually.
- Plant is secured 24/7
- All Material is shredded same day.
- 100% secure.
- 100% recycling.
- Low overhead.
- Will shred all documents and recycle the cardboard boxes.
- Certified Shredding Service backed by a Notarized Certificate of destruction.
- Plant is NAIDA Certified.
The choice often depends on the customers budget, do you want to pay more to see and hear your document shredded in front of you? The average company and resident these days cannot afford to throw money away so off-site shredding is becoming more and more popular and her are few reasons why:
- It is cheap
- Beats shredding documents yourself and be tied to a shredder all day!
- 100% recycling
- Did I mention, it is cheap?
Categories for this entry
Tags: compare shredding, off site shredding, on site shredding, on site vs off site shredding,residentail shredding, shredding service