Does Recycling Paper Saves Trees?
- To produce each week’s Sunday newspapers, 500,000 trees must be cut down.
- If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year!
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees. This amounts to about 2,000,000,000 trees per year!
- Americans use 85,000,000 tons of paper a year; about 680 pounds per person.
- It takes about 24 trees to make 1 ton of standard office paper.
Neighborhood Parcel is a green company, we recycle 100% of the material we receive including cardboard boxes! All documents that are paper-based get shredded and recycled into Newspapers, Copier Paper, Paper Towels, Cardboard, and much more.